Perfect Pallets Post Press

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:47:25 AM

Author Topic: Shutting down  (Read 3495 times)

Offline BBIRCHALL

• Bill Birchall
Shutting down
« on: April 18, 2015, 09:03:51 AM »
We’re shutting down our printing and inserting operations the first week-end in May. The Harrisburg paper will be taking over. It’s been an interesting forty-six years working for the same paper in the mailroom.

The advances in the machinery and systems are remarkable.

One of the better things to come out of the internet age has been this forum. With all of the belt tightening and downsizing in the industry, people can’t get out and see what other papers are doing anymore. I have used the information posted here by other users to help me. I hope some of the long winded responses I have posted helped someone solve a problem.

There doesn’t seem to be as much traffic on this site as there once was. I think it’s a missed opportunity to get free advice on just about anything pertaining to the mailroom. Almost everybody has access to some sort of video device that could be used to record a problem situation. The recording can be uploaded to U-tube free of charge. People responding to a question can be directed to the video, see for themselves what is happening, and offer some input on possible solutions. I would refrain from posting a half-hour video on a stacker. They can get boring after five minutes.

Good luck to everyone. I’m done trying to figure out why the hopper with Sears in it isn’t running very well at 2am, or why Stacker #11 won’t make a nice bundle.

Bill Birchall

Offline Tom Langlois

• Tom Langlois
  • Albany Times Union
  • Mailroom Manager - Night
Re: Shutting down
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 01:16:57 AM »
Thank you for the advice over the years. Good luck to you!

Offline nick ferro

• Nick Ferro
  • York Newspaper Co.
  • Mailroom Manager
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 02:49:29 PM »
Bill

I learned many things from you.  One of them is to never be afraid to try something to see how it may (or may not) work.  Some of the best tricks & gizmos can be found at the Walmart in the health & beauty aisles to add on to hoppers!  You have been a great asset to all of us throughout the years!  Will miss you knowing you're not over across the river at 2am looking at stacker # 11 :-P  Be well my friend & thank you!!!!!

Nick
Nick Ferro

Offline BBIRCHALL

• Bill Birchall
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 08:35:35 AM »
I may peek in once and a while to see what is happening. I hope there is a lot of activity.

Bill