Perfect Pallets Post Press

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:35:22 PM

Author Topic: RM2 Pallets  (Read 48635 times)

Offline Osvaldo Agosto

• Osvaldo Agosto
  • Trib Direct
  • Supervisor
RM2 Pallets
« on: May 12, 2015, 02:38:06 PM »
I'd like to know how many of you are receiving your preprints on these RM2 pallets and any positive / negative feedback you have about them.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 03:46:51 PM by AMundy »

Offline Cody

• Cody Griffin
  • Ecm Publishers
  • Post Press Manager
Re: RM2 Pallets
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 03:04:08 PM »
They are too heavy, they take up too much room for a pallet we are supposed to return, and they want too much in regards to how they want them stacked & stretch wrapped for return.

Offline richzig

• Richard Ziegler
  • La Crosse Tribune
  • Maintenance Manager
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 02:51:27 PM »
I would say that these pallets take up too much room, they are heavy, and give splinters from the fiberglass when handling them.  I've had very bad experience with arranging for the pick up of these pallets. I have been put on a weekly pickup schedule but they still wont show until I call them, and when I call them I have to call Canada because the number for the U.S.A. does not work.  Yesterday when I called the contact for Canada she was on vacation, so then I was transferred to the UK to try and schedule a pick up. I now have more than 150 pallets and no pick up date. I find RM2's service ridiculous!

Offline Phil Dawkins

• Phil Dawkins
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 04:59:50 PM »
I agree. Heavy, big,  and their "rules" are a bit out of line. We don't like them. They are sturdy though.

Offline Diane

• Diane Nolan
  • Gannett Publishing Services
  • Packaging Manager
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 03:53:31 PM »
The pallets take up too much room and they are heavy. When the employees pick them up they end up with slinters in their hands. I've had very bad experience with arranging for the pick up of these pallets. I have been put on a bi weekly pickup schedule but they still don't show up until I call them, when I call them I have to call Canada because the number for the U.S.A. does not work. Yesterday when I called the contact for Canada she was on vacation, so the replacement for the girl on vacation told me that she would call me back. Needless to say, I had to call her back. When I called her back she told me to use the E-Mail address to address my concerns. I now have more than 350-400 pallets and no pick up date. I find RM2's service ridiculous!

Offline Phil Kesler

• Phil Kesler
  • Denver Post
  • Receiving Supervisor
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 05:30:27 PM »
I would agree these pallets are too heavy and they take up too much space. I have made many attempts to contact them for a pickup and have had no luck even making contact with them.

kptrjones

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 12:29:14 PM »
I agree with everyone, they are too heavy, take up too much room, and they like to slide on each other too.
Also, no one has notified me that they are to be picked up. All I know is some inserts started coming in on them. Furthermore, I did not order these skids so its not going to cost me money...meaning if they need to be stretch wrapped whoever picks them up better have some with them.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:49:02 PM by kptrjones »

Offline Chuck Downing

• Chuck Downing
  • Rockford Register Star
  • Packaging Manager
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 03:22:41 PM »
I have found these pallets to be too heavy for staff to be stacking.  RM2 pick up has been terrible - I was told I would be set up on bi-weekly pick up, but that has never happened.  I still have to email every time. They now want me to shrink wrap the pallets before pick up. Negative. But probably the worst aspect of these pallets for us are the supports on the bottom.  I cannot use any of our Thorx lifts under RM2 pallets unless I want to bust apart these skids.

Offline Mary Sawyer

• Mary Sawyer
  • Watertown NY Daily Times
  • Circulation Director
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 04:17:31 PM »
I was done with them before I even really got started.  I called to get information from them when the first RM2 arrived at my plant, with no notice.  I tried to arrange a pick-up schedule with no success.  I only had a few, and after reading some of the other comments, I am grateful for that.  I didn't order them, I can't stack them as it's not safe, so I have no where to put them. I haven't been informed of the need to shrink wrap them at all...but that's not happening.  I have to allow the RM2's in my warehouse but I don't think I should have to loose warehouse space to stack them.  We've also had issues with the fiberglass splinters.  I hope they don't increase usage of these things...I'll have to start leaning them up against the outside of the building. 

Offline Richard Hestad

• Richard Hestad
  • South Bend Tribune
  • Shipping and Receiving
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 07:53:23 AM »
I'm having the same problems as everyone else but i band the pallets instead of wrap also nationwide midwest has started to pick them up for me

Offline Gilbert Escobedo Jr

• Gilbert Escobedo Jr.
  • Indianapolis Star News
  • Packaging Manager
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 01:49:06 PM »
We, at the Indianapolis Star, started to receive these pallets in December of 2014.  Only a couple here and there, but then in February we started to see more and now they are in abundance.  These pallets are not ideal for our operation, as they take up too much room, since they are not nestable.  Also, we are having problems getting a consistent pick up routine for these pallets and as many other people have mentioned, some of the Fed Ex drivers want them shrink wrapped.  We refuse to do that and call another driver who is willing to take them as is.  Ultimately we will start placing these outside of our building if they cannot establish a pick up routine that is acceptable to our space needs.

Another factor is that we are seeing splintering of the pallet. We have had a few employees who have gotten these splinters stuck in their fingers/hands.  Plus the weight of these pallets is heavier than all of our other pallets we handle,which increases employee injury risks.  Not good!

Not sure what all needs to be done to have the printer quit using these pallets, but maybe if we send a unified and strong message to the printer, they will stop using these pallets, or we can tell them we will start passing along our increased costs to them. 

Offline Scott Page

• Scott Page
  • Detroit Newspapers
  • Shipping&Receiving
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 09:43:31 AM »
Detroit News/Free Press here, We have had all of the same issues everyone else has mentioned to this point.
The skids and Company are not user Friendly for the final destinations. RM2 skids were sent to us without our consent, and we have yet to be able to get any printers to stop sending product on them. We have argued with the company that we will not manage their product and that we need regular pick ups. RM2 expects us to track, count, store, handle, load and generate a BOL for skids when they finally do a pick up. We are also expected to do it free of charge. Although Perfect Pallets expects many of these same services without any reimbursement, we have gotten Perfect Pallet handling down to an acceptable routine.

We had a regular truck driver from Nationwide Midwest involve himself and his company and they now do regular pick ups of our RM2 skids.

I am adding some email contact info in this post for RM2 that I have had some success with in getting results.
I Hope this helps someone!

Jason.Hicks@RM2.com
Eli.Colon@RM2.com
Kimberly.Coltman@RM2.com

Good Luck!

Offline gcoppola

• Gary Coppola
  • Exton Daily Local News (Journal Register Offset)
  • General Manager
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 11:41:04 AM »
These RM2 skids are terrible, and we do NOT want them. Way too heavy, and don't stack/nest inside one another, and someone is going to get hurt handling them. We have also not been contacted about anyone picking them up, but I will not be using any materials or labor to do so, so whenever they do come to get them, they are going out exactly as they are.

Gary M. Coppola

Offline Jeremy Crow

• Jeremy Crow
  • Capital Newspapers
  • Packaging Operations Manager
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 01:11:55 PM »
Same feelings here in Madison.  These are just too heavy and they won't work with Thork Lifts.
Jeremy Crow
Packaging Operations Manager
Capital Newspapers
Madison, WI
jcrow@madison.com

Offline paula garland

• Paula Garland
  • Orlando Sentinel
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 03:24:40 PM »
Here in Orlando, the only shipper we are getting these from right now is Quad. I have set an email with my concerns to Quad. These are too heavy (55#), have sharp edges, won't work with Thorklifts and don't nest. The RM2 reps were here and said that these are the 3rd generation. How bad were generations 1 and 2 that this is an improvement? Quad picks these up from us every Saturday.