Perfect Pallets Post Press

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 06:44:31 AM

Author Topic: Newstech Machine Running Mediacom  (Read 646 times)

Newstech Machine Running Mediacom
« on: June 14, 2017, 11:04:05 PM »
I am working on a newstech machine, one of the main jacket feeders is backwards. I am wondering if the gripper opening/closing cam is different than the other hoppers that run the opposite way? As of right now, the hopper that is backwards, my grippers are opening too soon. They are opening before the carry down wheels. My question is, is the cam different on that side? Any help would be appreciated!

Offline K Hunter

• Kathy Hunter
  • The Network
  • Business Development Consultant
  • Vendor Member
    • The Print Packaging Network
Re: Newstech Machine Running Mediacom
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 07:12:42 PM »
Lynne, per Keith Hockenbery at The Network, yes, this does require a different type of cam. It's a "Reverse A hopper." It was originally developed for handling papers from letterpress presses, which delivered with the headline facing up, rather than offset, which deliver with the headline facing down. You can probably get the cam from Muller Martini Mailroom Systems, or someone else handling older GMA parts. You can contact Keith through The Network's website  (www.thenetwork.net) if you have more questions. Good luck!
Kathy Hunter
Business Development Consultant
The Network
khunter@thenetwork.net
www.thenetwork.net

Offline Angel Arrabal

• Angel Arrabal
  • QUIPP Systems
  • Business Development
  • Vendor Member
Re: Newstech Machine Running Mediacom
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 03:52:54 PM »
Hi Lynne, You might want to give Madeline Yeber with QUIPP a call.  (305)6238700 ext. 1  She might be able to help you with that part.