Perfect Pallets Post Press

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 06:59:18 AM

Author Topic: Thank you for all the Years!  (Read 1639 times)

Offline John Savarese

• John Savarese
  • Vendor Member
Thank you for all the Years!
« on: October 28, 2017, 10:59:51 AM »
On August 21th I got a Dear John letter from my employer, K&M Newspaper Services, saying that due to a changing business climate they have decided to "eliminate our manufacturing and support operations" so my position will be eliminated. I want to thank them for the last 13 years of employment.

I walked into my first newspaper October 8, 1982 and can't believe it's coming to an end for me! (I remember my first day like yesterday, I swore I wouldn't last a week in this industry!) Over the last 35 years I have met a lot of characters and have had some great experiences! I always thought that the TV networks should have done a sitcom in some of the mailrooms! I've been to all 50 states and all different parts of the world! You'd be amazed how different everyone gets their Sunday paper out, but they all look the same on the news stand!

I have taken a job outside the Newspaper industry because, I am sad to say, I too see a changing business climate. My cell number is still the same for those that have it and need anything answered. Even though I have left it's still in my blood so I'm here if you need questions answered!

Again thank you all for the support and help over the years and hopefully K&M and I are wrong and things get better for the industry!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 10:44:20 AM by John Savarese »
John Savarese

Offline jabraham

• John A. Abraham
  • Tribune Total Media Preprint and Distribution Center
  • Mailroom Supervisor
Re: Thank you for all the Years!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 01:45:35 PM »
Thank you, John, for all the help you've given us over the years.  Although I never worked with you personally, some of my coworkers did and were very impressed with all the skill and knowledge you've displayed when we were in need.  Good luck on your future endeavors and thanks.