Perfect Pallets Post Press

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:55:55 PM

Author Topic: 11/1 SMART SOURCE  (Read 4308 times)

Amy Oster

11/1 SMART SOURCE
« on: October 29, 2009, 01:24:44 PM »
Once again our Smart Source inserts had the Dollar General sheet everywhere but inside the product.  Also to add to the misery the Smart Sources were rolled as well. >:( I did what I usually do, take pictures of the pallets, grab samples off of the pallets & emailed the ad rep / managers. It seems like once a month we are having quality problems w/ this insert.  The next time I am going to have a crew come in, jog up the bundles right, pick out the bad inserts & charge overtime. 
RR Donnelly prints the Smart Sources we get.

Re: 11/1 SMART SOURCE
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 03:56:36 AM »
Our Smart Source came to us in very good condition even though we had a Direct TV sticking out of the top.  Ran very well.  RR Donnelly prints our Smart Sources as well.  If I had to guess ours was printed on the west coast.

When we do have an insert that looks and runs like crap I bring the Ad manager back and let her watch the insert run for at least a half hour. At least they know what profits they thought they thought they were going to make they didn’t.  It’s also stopped the complaints from the bookkeeper on why it took so long to insert the Sat/Sun insert run.

What I’m trying to say is not all RR Donnelly sites are the same.  We just got lucky I guess.  Most of our Smart Source inserts come in very good condition.
John Wilson
Tracy Press
Tracy, Ca.
Press/Mailroom supervisor
jwilson@tracypress.com

Re: 11/1 SMART SOURCE
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 03:28:54 PM »
Amy;
     If you log on to the search on this site you will see plenty of posts regarding the condition of this ad.
     You may have to search under News America as lots of folks call the piece by that name too.

Just to let you know, we are also on the West Coast and we've had Smart Source come in here in pretty bad shape on a number of occasions. Lots of the problems stem from blow in ads that didn't make it inside. Cheap, recycled, elotrobrite paper that when overstuffed acts as a poor jacket and rolls out when feeding. Badly bundled pallets, where they resemble haystacks instead of pallets.

It's not that other customers don't come in this way SOMETIMES, but what you can count on with SS  NA is a lot more CONSISTENCY regarding POOR CONDITION. For what ever reason, they just can't get it together where you can trust the quality of the insert.

Hang in there. The world series of inserting (the fourth quarter) is upon us. It only gets MORE challenging from here!!